A Moment of Hope is a Christian ministry that endeavors to save lives from abortion by maintaining a lawful, peaceful, and prayerful presence in front of abortion clinics. Currently we are active in front of Planned Parenthood on Middleburg Dr. in Columbia, SC with the goal of expanding to abortion clinics in Greenville, SC and Charleston, SC.
The name of this ministry is taken from an actual quote from the first woman this ministry helped to change her mind: “I want to thank you for giving me a moment of hope so that I could reflect.”
Some clients coming to Planned Parenthood for an abortion are teetering between keeping their baby or having it aborted. Our goal is to persuade these women that there is hope and there are people who care and want to help. Killing the baby is never the solution.
How does this ministry do its work?
- By providing a caring Christian presence in front of the clinic during its hours of operation. Sometimes a person just being there in front of the abortion center is all it takes to save a life.
- By politely and respectfully interacting with those entering the clinic. This may be done verbally as the women (and those accompanying them) walk from their cars to the entrance. Other times, literature is handed to those arriving – if they will accept it.
- Our policy is to refrain from the use of graphic signs or banners. We are not there to protest, per se, but to be a winsome witness to the people entering the clinic.
- Those changing their minds are handed off to a local crisis pregnancy center for further support and assistance.
- Finally, this ministry seeks to share the life-changing message of the gospel with these people in crisis.